ARK: The survival of the fittest, which first appeared in 2016, now has a prototype Steam. Studio Wildcard brought the good news a while ago that the spin-off of ARK: Survival Evolved is now available. The offering pits up to 60 combatants against each other in a fast-paced, action-packed battle for survival. Players are ultimately thrust into an epic final showdown that leads their dinosaur armies into battle. But players should remember that this version is currently only one prototype to test the new gameplay and features. It is not yet a fully featured competitive game. So let’s dive deep into all the details of ARK: Survival of the fittest prototype.
ARK: The Survival of the Fittest Prototype is gaining steam
‘ARK: The survival of the fittest’ is a prototype spin-off of ARK: Survival Evolved, pitting up to 60 warriors against each other in a fast-paced, action-packed battle for survival, ultimately pushing players into an epic final showdown that leads their dinosaur armies into battle. ARK TSOTF is the only Battle Royale that focuses on large-scale encounters between creatures and armies, combined with a unique Real Time Strategy overlay. Using tactics and strategy to assemble a force of history’s most powerful primordial creatures, only one tribe will survive!
Form your tribe and fight in the ultimate battle of Dino Survival! Designed for intense competition and fast-paced dino action, survivors begin their match in a TEK-infused aerial lobby to get together. When the battle begins, they fly to an island aboard a giant Quetzal before ejecting and gliding to their chosen starting area. Do competitors run to drops and battle it out? Will they run into the jungle and hide, look for creatures to tame and quickly build up their Dino army, or die to a pack of curious Compys? Take advantage of the bird-eye-view mode, which allows you to more effectively command and control your army of dinosaurs, directly own individual upgradeable creatures, and command your team as the ultimate strategist. This unique RTS style experience is available in life and beyond! Avoid the ever-shrinking and dynamic ‘ring of death’ that over time forces contestants closer and closer together, becoming the last tribe standing. The hunt is on!
More details about the game
- ARK has been redesigned from the ground up, with an emphasis on fast-paced gameplay and intense combat centered around large-scale creature combat
- As many as 88 dinosaurs and creatures at launch!
- A simplified version of The Island from ARK: Survival Evolved
- Solo and Tribe based game modes
- Overhaul UI/UX experience to communicate only what is essential and gamepad friendly.
- Inventory management has been completely removed for an easier and faster gameplay experience.
- Looting-focused design – Harvesting has been removed and replaced with level-based supply crates where items are rewarded for all members of your tribe or kill dinos for your own extra resources.
- Weapons and armor have been tweaked and rebalanced for the ultimate fast paced experience and uncomplicated player progression.
- New Timing System: Kill creatures for tokens, then spend those tokens on taming new wilds or stealing downed tames from your enemies!
- Commander mode. A bird’s-eye view mode that can be accessed at any point in the game, allowing you to more effectively control your army of dinosaurs (RTS style), own individual creatures directly in your arsenal, and issue commands to your team as the ultimate strategist (including a allies-driven fog of war). So after a player dies, they can still join the match as a commander and continue to control and own the team’s dinosaur – they can continue to play and benefit their team! A team is not completely defeated until they have destroyed all of their players AND their dinosaurs.
- Dino Tier System – Dinos are rewarded for their kills with EXP to level them up, giving them fixed stat advantages and eliminating dino-level RNG.
- Dynamic “ring of death” unique to each round, allowing emergent gameplay and unpredictable benefits
- An intelligent ping system to help communicate within teams
- Custom painted “war banners” allow tribes to show off their team spirit on flags over their army of dinosaurs!
- Summon ARK bosses to bolster your arsenal in this ultimate Dino Army experience
- A custom live orchestrated soundtrack was written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker of Ori and the Blind Forest and ARK: The Animated Series.
ARK: Survival of the fittest is now available at Steam.