Update #4 [Fri 23rd Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: It’s here, folks! Sports story headlines Nintendo’s final day of its festive House of Indies. Boy, if we found something like this in our advent calendar, we’d be all cheerful.
The long awaited sequel to Golf storyafter being teased for a December release date in the latest Indie World, is out now! But that’s not the only great release Nintendo has shared on the last day of treats. There’s something Sea Of Stars news also from Yasunori Mitsuda, the legendary Chrono trigger and Crotch composer.
- Fabric & Neon (from 2023) – A rogue-lite shooter pitting cowboys against robots (no, not the Daniel Craig movie). Think twin-stick shooting with tons and tons of upgrades.
- IMMORTAL (from spring 2023) – a survival game with minimalist visuals, you are Anling trying to protect her son as the couple run for their lives in a world full of zombies. The game is currently in Early access on Steam.
- Sea of Stars (Out Summer 2023) – a beautiful turn-based RPG inspired by Chrono Trigger, from the creators of The messenger. Mitsuda is excited to be working on the game with Sabotage to create a Super Nintendo style sound.
- Sports Story (out now) — after years and years of begging, Sports Story is available now on the eShop for just $14.99. This sports RPG lets you play golf, tennis, football, cricket, volleyball, fishing, BMX and more!
Not only that, but Nintendo is kicking off a big Indie World Holiday Sale on the Switch eShop. From today until January 1, 2023, you can get up to 50% off a host of fantastic indie titles.
Relief! What a news week. Get stuck into Sports Story and your mince pies, folks!
Update #3 [Thu 22nd Dec, 2022 17:30 GMT]: Like clockwork, Nintendo is back to empty some indie goodness under the tree on day four of Inside the House of Indies.
Again, today’s video showcases four new titles, this time spanning rhythmic dreams, fantasy roguelikes, puppets and cyberpunk volleyball. Here’s what was announced this time:
- Melatonin (out now) – Melatonin, a rhythm game about dreams, will see you navigate through surreal music-based puzzles with cozy atmosphere throughout. Follow the beat and complete tasks from beating alarm clocks to operating a toy grabbing machine.
- Afterimage (from April 25, 2023) – A fantasy-based roguelike where you explore mystical environments as a glowing protagonist, while defeating enemies.
- Smile for me (from spring 2023) – In this nod-and-shake adventure, you’ll navigate a creepy-looking world and perform vague tasks Paper Mario-like inhabitants. This looks surreal and creepy in equal measure, so be prepared to take a trip into the strange with this one.
- Hyper shooting sport (out now) Billed as “Cyberpunk Volleyball with Guns”, this arcade-style game showcases your futuristic take on volleyball as you wield an arsenal of explosive weapons.
We’re gearing up for the last day of the event tomorrow and excited to see what the final group of Indies will bring!
Update #2 [Wed 21st Dec, 2022 17:05 GMT]: Ho ho ho, we’re back again with Nintendo’s third day of the House of Indies, where the Big N spreads some cheer by sharing brand new news about indie games and shadow drops.
Today we get cozy with drinks, raccoons, toys and a nice sail. Two drops of shadow and two spring releases are behind the calendar today, so let’s see:
- Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (from spring 2023) – This is precisely what it sounds like, except a little more old-fashioned. Potion Craft is an alchemical sim where you run a shop and make potions for the townsfolk. Coming to Switch early next year.
- Sonority (now out) – A musical puzzle game where you navigate through musical ruins with your raccoon friend. Available today on the Switch eShop.
- Tin hearts (from April 20, 2023) – Rogue Sun’s inventive Lemmings-style puzzle game is beautifully animated and comes from many of the people who brought us Fable. Guide toys around different locations and stay safe! The game finally has an April release date.
- Sail on (now out) – This lovely sailing simulator is splashing onto the eShop today – think Wind Waker but without all the Zelda-ing and you’re just about there! We have more details about the game here.
What will day four bring? Make sure you have a cup of hot chocolate with you for tomorrow’s celebratory party!
Updating [Tue 20th Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: Welcome back to the House of Indies, Nintendo Life readers! Nintendo has released the second video of the weekwith some new indie titles coming to the Switch over the next twelve months.
Today we have two shadow drops and two games from 2023 to share, including a remaster of a very popular indie title from a few years ago. Here’s what’s on Nintendo’s list today:
- The gecko gods (from 2023) – a cute puzzle platformer where you control a little gecko through a series of mazes. Just look at the little guy! You can grab this on Switch next year, but for now, check it out the eShop page.
- The captain (now out) – A narrative adventure game in which you have to earn a lot Mass effect-like decisions that could affect who lives and who survives in space. Participate in space battles and explore the galaxy for $19.99 on the Switch eShop.
- Risk of rain returns (from 2023) – The hit roguelike from 2013 is getting a remaster with brand new modes and improvements. Multiplayer has been completely overhauled and there will also be brand new survivors to play. Watch the game the eShop.
- The Punch Garden (now out) – a new puzzle game from the developer of Tourist and Fast RMX where you control a penguin that punches boxes. You can play alone or hit against a friend. The game costs $14.99 now on the eShop.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for another freshly baked batch of indie titles!
Original article [Mon 19th Dec, 2022 17:50 GMT]: Nintendo has announced a new festive developer-focused video series called “Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event.” Over the next five days, the company will post a short video on his YouTube channel with announcements and updates for indie games, starting today with the video above.
A new video will be released every day until December 23 at 5:00 PM GMT / 6:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 AM ET. Here is the description of the YouTube video:
Welcome to Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event – Day 1! Join us from December 19th through December 23rd as we will be sharing updates, announcements and more from our indie partners every day. Check out the first batch of indie games below and check back tomorrow at 9am PT / 12pm ET for another video!
As you will see the first videocontains day one news about the tactics title Floppy Knights (available now on Switch eShop), puzzle-like narrative adventure Roman Sands RE: Building (coming summer 2023), first-person photo-snapper of dogs Pupperazzi (coming “Early 2023”) and action RPG Mortal Shell: Complete Edition (now available).
We have our fingers crossed that the long awaited Sports story will be featured in this event. Let us know below if there’s anything in particular you’re hoping to see.